SICILY TRAVEL RESOURCES
Below are listed some of the best providers for the variety of services you might need for travelling to and for staying in Sicily, Italian, The following are my recommendations for accommodation (including hotels and apartments), ferry tickets, trains, flights, car hire and other services you might find useful. I hope you enjoy your trip to Sicily!
Travel Guides Good Reads Accommodation Events Holidays
3 Best Guide Books
The three best guides books on Sicily and all of which I have used and assessed in the past are:
I personally love the Lonely Planet series of books, having found them to be quite accurate and up-to-date in the past. The Sicily travel book is very good and gives a decent write-up of the Sicilian islands. I would recommend this book if travelling to Sicily.
Travel Stories on Sicily
- Hotels in Sicily BOOK HERE! – Bookings.com I find provide a consistent service and I find the review system helpful.
- Rural stays – I have found the countryside and rural options in the form of Agriturismo to be very good and worth using. They offer farmhouse stays on various parts of the island.
Events and Festivals
- Taormina Film Festival if you can get tickets, is one of the most prestigious events of the year on the island. Expect to see some of the worlds top movie stars.
- The Etna Belly Dance Festival has been running a few years now and turned into an annual event and which attracts some of the world top belly dancers to the island every February.
Holidays and Getting there
- Getting there from the UK:
Hertz Car Rental hire – The company I tend to use when arriving in Catania airport.